Early British literature; history of drama; renaissance drama; Shakespeare; Milton; other interesting things!
Early modern English literature and culture, with an emphasis upon literature's participation in political debate; Senecan tragedy; classical reception; historicist criticism; drama.
Drama, Poetry, Seventeenth Century, Sixteenth Century, Theory & Criticism
- N/A for Fall 2015--email me!
- Shakespeare and the Middle Ages. Ed. Curtis Perry and John Watkins. Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Eros and Power in English Renaissance Drama: Five Plays by Marlowe, Davenant, Massinger, Ford, and Shakespeare. Ed. Curtis Perry. McFarland, 2008.
- Literature and Favoritism in Early Modern England. Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Material Culture and Cultural Materialism in the Middle Ages and Renaissance. Ed. Curtis Perry. Brepols, 2001.
- The Making of Jacobean Culture: James I and the Renegotiation of Elizabethan Literary Practice. Cambridge University Press, 1997.