Professor of English, Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies, and EUI
- Address: English 239
- Telephone: 217-333-2345
- Email: email@example.com
Writing Studies, Disability Studies
- Buying into English: Language and Investment in the New Capitalist World. University of Pittsburgh Press, 2008.
- Literacy and Racial Justice: The Politics of Learning after Brown v. Board of Education. Southern Illinois University Press, 2003.
- "The Unexceptional Schizophrenic: A Post-postmodern Introduction." Disability Studies Reader. Routledge, 2013.
- "In Praise of Incomprehension." Cross Language Relations in Composition Studies. Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press, 2010.
- Prendergast, Catherine, and Samuel P. Nelson. "Murderabilia Inc: How the First Amendment Fails Academic Freedom." SAQ 108.4 (2009): 667-688.
- "The Fighting Style: Reading the Unabomber's Strunk and White." College English 72.1 (2009): 10-28.
- "And Now, A Necessarily Pathetic Response." American Literary History 20.1-2 (2008): 238-244.
- "We Live and Learn: English and Ambivalence in a New Capitalist State." Globalisation, Societies, and Education 6.1 (2008): 89-100.
- Prendergast, Catherine, and Nancy Abelmann. "Alma Mater: College, Kinship, and the Pursuit of Diversity." Social Text 24.1 (2006): 37-53.
- "The Economy of Literacy: How the Supreme Court Stalled the Civil Rights Movement." Harvard Educational Review 72.2 (2002): 206-229.
Special Issues of a Journal
- Representing Disability and Emotion. Spec. iss. of Journal of Literary and Cultural Disability 5.2 (2011):
- "Or You Don't: Talents, Tendencies, and the Pooka of Literacy." http://enculturation.net/pooka-of-literacy. 11 Jan. 2013.
- "Writing and Learning in View of the Lab: Why "They" Might Be Right." http://licsjournal.org/OJS/index.php/LiCS/article/view/22. 11 Jan. 2013.