E. Jordan Sellers Jr.
Instructor, Graduate Student of English
- Address: 315 English
- Telephone: 217-333-1335
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MWF 12:50-1:50 PM (FA 2015)
M.A. English, Old Dominion University, 2005, B.A. English, Roanoke College, 2003
The Romantic Era, The Victorian Era, The Gothic, 19th Century British Literature, Memoir and Autobiography, Visual Culture of the Romantic & Victorian Era
ENGL 207: Romantic Literature & Culture (SP 2011), ENGL 208: Victorian Literature and Culture (SP 2013, SP 2012), ENGL 115: Intro To English Literature (FA 2010, FA 2008), ENGL 109: Intro To Fiction (FA 2013, FA 2011), RHET 233: Advanced Composition: The Writing of Memory (FA 2013, SP 2011, FA 2010, SP 2010, FA 2009, SP 2009, FA 2008), RHET 105 (FA 2015), RHET 104 (SP 2010), RHET 102 (SP 2008), RHET 101 (FA 2007)
Geohistoricism: Preservation and the Histories of Place in Romantic Britain (in progress)
The Romantic Era, The Victorian Era, Digital Humanities Collection Development, Metadata Development, Antiquarianism, Historical Maps, Basic Writing Instruction, Visual Culture
- "Zero Ground: Mapping Maritime Commemoration in the Age of Nelson." European Romantic Review (2015):
- Underwood, Ted, and Jordan Sellers. "The Emergence of Literary Diction." Journal of Digital Humanities 1.2 (2012): 21 Aug. 2012. <http://journalofdigitalhumanities.org/1-2/the-emergence-of-literary-diction-by-ted-underwood-and-jordan-sellers/>.
Works in Progress
- Pulp Fiction Corpus, a digital corpus of selected short stories, novels, and serialized fiction published in pulp magazines 1897-1939.
- Literary Language and Literary Prestige in the Long Nineteenth Century (A corpus of literary works reviewed by elite literary magazines), 2015.
- Illinois 19th-Century Corpus (1800-1923), a digital corpus of roughly 4000 volumes across genre, 2011-2012.