- EB 338
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Latina/o (especially Chicana/o) Literature, Film, and Culture; 20th and 21st Century Black American Literature; 20th and 21st Century American Literature; Prison, Gang, and Migration Narratives; Politics and Sports; Race, Racism, and White Supremacy; Women of Color Feminism; and Queer of Color Critique
- ENGL 245: The Short Story
- ENGL 104: Intro to Film
- ENGL 116: Intro to American Literature
- ENGL 109: Into to Fiction
- RHET 105: Writing and Research
- All day everyday can’t stop won’t stop
- García , Frank. "Recovering the Chicano Social Problem Film: Racial Consciousness, Rita Moreno, and the Historiography of The Ring (1952)." Black Camera: An International Film Journal (2019): (Forthcoming.).
- García, Frank . "Entre Maricones y Locos: Disidentifications, Counterpublics, and Dino Dinco's Homeboy ." MELUS: Multi-Ethnic Literature of the United States (2019): (Forthcoming).
- García , Frank . "Inside the NBA: Black Dandyism and the Racial Regime." Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association (Special Issue on Art and Activism) 51.2 (2018):
- García, Frank. "American Cinema's Return to the Borderlands: Migrant Criminalization, Critical Identity Politics, and Nativism in the Trumpian Era." The Journal of American Culture 47.3 (2018): 279-296.
- García, Frank. Rev. of Mexico on Main Street: Transnational Film Culture in Los Angeles Before World War II. Film & History 47.2 (2017): 66-68.
- García, Frank. Rev. of Continental Shifts: Migration, Representation, and the Struggle for Justice in Latin(o) America. Latino Studies 14.3 (2016): 423-425.