Assistant Professor of English
- Address: English Building, Rm. 345
- Telephone: (217) 333-0426
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD, University of Pennsylvania, 2009; BA University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2002
(115) Intro to British Literature, (213) Modernism and Modernity, (247) Doppelgangers, Doubles, and Divided Minds, (301) Critical Approaches to Literature, (442) British Literature Since 1930: Returns of the Repressed, (543) The Minds of Modernism, (578) Affect, Cognition, The Human
British and Irish Modernism, Contemporary Fiction, Psychoanalysis, Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science, Narratology, Disability, Medical Humanities, Media Theory, . --IPRH Prize for Faculty Research in the Humanities 2013, 2015 (Honorable Mention), 2016
- "Neuromodernism: Diagnosis and Disability in Will Self's *Umbrella*." Modern Fiction Studies 61.2 (2015): 271-294.
- "'Prey to Communications': Samuel Beckett and the Simulation of Psychosis." Modernist Cultures 10.2 (2015): 227-249.
- "Halluci-nation: Madness, Modernity, and Metaphoricity in *Midnight's Children*." Contemporary Literature 55.4 (2014): 701-725.
- "Cognitive Investigations: The Problems of Qualia and Style in the Contemporary Neuronovel." NOVEL: A Forum on Fiction 45.2 (2012): 184-201.
- "From Transmissions of Madness to Machines of Writing: Mina Loy's Insel as Clinical Fantasy." jml: Journal of Modern Literature 32.1 (2008): 143-162.
- "The Paradox of 'British Modernism'." Rev. of Americanizing Britain: The Rise of Modernism in the Age of the Entertainment Empire, by Genevieve Abravanel. Modernist Cultures 11.2 (2016): 293-297.
- "Faithfully New." Rev. of The Legacies of Modernism: Historicizing Postwar and Contemporary Fiction, ed. David James. NOVEL: A Forum on Fiction 46.3 (2013): 491-495.
- "Desiring Machines." Rev. of Beautiful Circuits: Modernism and the Mediated Life, by Mark Goble, jml: Journal of Modern Literature 36.1 (2012):
- "James Joyce as Philosopher of Time." Rev. of The Measureless Time of Joyce, Deleuze and Derrida, by Ruben Borg, jml: Journal of Modern Literature 34.2 (2011): 192-195.
- "The Aesthetics and Politics of Disability." Rev. of Concerto For the Left Hand: Disability and the Defamiliar Body, by Michael Davidson, jml: Journal of Modern Literature 33.1 (2009):
Works in Progress
- Machinery of Madness: Psychosis, Technology, and Narrative Worlds (book manuscript, under review)