Assistant Professor of English
- Address: English Building, Rm. 345<br />
- Telephone: (217) 333-0426
- Email: email@example.com
- Tuesday, 1:00-2:30
PhD, University of Pennsylvania, 2009; BA University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2002
English 213-Modernism and Modernity, English 301-Critical Approaches to Literature, English 543-The Minds of Modernism, English 578-Affect, Cognition, The Human
British and Irish Modernism, Contemporary Literature, Psychoanalysis and Cognitive Science, Disability Studies, New Media Studies
- "Halluci-nation: Madness, Modernity, and Metaphoricity in *Midnight's Children*." Contemporary Literature (forthcoming) 55.4 (2014):
- "Cognitive Investigations: The Problems of Qualia and Style in the Contemporary Neuronovel." NOVEL: A Forum on Fiction 45.2 (2012): 184-201.
- "From Transmissions of Madness to Machines of Writing: Mina Loy's Insel as Clinical Fantasy." jml: Journal of Modern Literature 32.1 (2008): 143-162.
- "Faithfully New." Rev. of The Legacies of Modernism: Historicizing Postwar and Contemporary Fiction, ed. David James. NOVEL: A Forum on Fiction 46.3 (2013): 491-495.
- "Desiring Machines." Rev. of Beautiful Circuits: Modernism and the Mediated Life jml: Journal of Modern Literature 36.1 (2012):
- "James Joyce as Philosopher of Time." Rev. of The Measureless Time of Joyce, Deleuze and Derrida jml: Journal of Modern Literature 34.2 (2011): 192-195.
- "The Aesthetics and Politics of Disability." Rev. of Concerto For the Left Hand: Disability and the Defamiliar Body jml: Journal of Modern Literature 33.1 (2009):
Works in Progress
- The Machinery of Madness: Psychosis, Technology, and Twentieth-Century Narrative (book manuscript)