Assistant Professor of English
- Address: English Building, Rm. 345<br />
- Telephone: (217) 333-4774
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tues./Thurs. 11:00-12:30
PhD, University of Pennsylvania, 2009; BA University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2002
English 301, Critical Approaches to Literature
British and Irish Modernism, Contemporary Literature, Psychoanalysis and Cognitive Science, Disability Studies, New Media Studies
- "Cognitive Investigations: The Problems of Qualia and Style in the Contemporary Neuronovel." NOVEL: A Forum on Fiction 45.2 (2012): 184-201.
- "From Transmissions of Madness to Machines of Writing: Mina Loy's Insel as Clinical Fantasy." jml: Journal of Modern Literature 32.1 (2008): 143-162.
- "Desiring Machines." Rev. of Beautiful Circuits: Modernism and the Mediated Life jml: Journal of Modern Literature 36.1 (2012):
- "James Joyce as Philosopher of Time." Rev. of The Measureless Time of Joyce, Deleuze and Derrida jml: Journal of Modern Literature 34.2 (2011): 192-195.
- "The Aesthetics and Politics of Disability." Rev. of Concerto For the Left Hand: Disability and the Defamiliar Body jml: Journal of Modern Literature 33.1 (2009):
Works in Progress
- The Machinery of Madness: Psychosis, Technology, and Twentieth-Century Narrative (book manuscript)
- "Halluci-nation: Madness and Modernity in Midnight's Children," Contemporary Literature (under review)