Ecocriticism/Environmental Humanities, American, early
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Environmental Humanities; American Literature; American Art; Visual Culture; Material Culture; Journalism; Creative Nonfiction
- Ph.D., History of American Civilization, Harvard University; A.B., English & American Literature, Harvard College
- English 250: American Novel to 1914
- English 476: Literature and the Sea (Topics in Environment and Literature)
- English 128/GCL 128: Fictions of Sustainability: Food, Water, Energy
- English 274: Energy Literature
- Fall 2017 Office Hours: Thursdays 10-11:30am
Works in Progress
- "Fish out of Water: the 'Prince of Whales' Sideshow and the Environmental Humanities." Forthcoming (2017):
- "Print Nostalgia: Skeuomorphism and Rockwell Kent's Woodcut Style." Forthcoming (2017):
- "Blogging Moby-Dick: An Artist Illustrates Every Page of The Whale." Common-place 12.1 (2011): <http://www.common-place.org/vol-12/no-01/jones/>.
- "Oil: Viscous Time in the Anthropocene." Los Angeles Review of Books. 2016. 23 Jun. 2016. <https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/oil-viscous-time-in-the-anthropocene>.
- Jones, Jamie L. ""The Moroccan Front"." The New York Times. 2013. <http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/18/the-moroccan-front/>.
- Jones, Jamie L. ""The Navy's Stone Fleet"." The New York Times. 2012. <http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/the-navys-stone-fleet/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0>.