- 325 English
Ph.D. University of Notre Dame, 2001
Irish Studies, Modern British, Theory & Criticism
Work(s) in Progress
Formalism and the End of Politics (Book Project)
Professor Hansen is currently working on a book about the films of Alfred Hitchcock
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Literary Theory, Philosophy, 20th century Literature, Theater, Hitchcock, the Novel
- Ph.D. University of Notre Dame, 2001
- Terror and Irish Modernism: The Gothic Tradition from Burke to Beckett. Albany: SUNY Press, 2009.
- "The Applause Falters: Theatricality, the Political, and Silence in Beckett’s Catastrophe." Contemporary Literature Winter (2008):
- "The Wrong Marriage: Maturin and the Double-Logic of Masculinity." Studies in Romanticism (2008):
- "Formalism and its Malcontents: Benjamin and de Man on the Function of Allegory." New Literary History 35.4 (2004): 663-84.
- "The Uncreating Conscience: Memory and Apparitions in Joyce and Benjamin." Mosaic 34.4 (2001): 85-106.