Dr. Kristi McDuffie
Associate Director of Rhetoric
- Address: 294 English Building, MC-718
- Telephone: (217)300-1478
- Email: email@example.com
PhD in English Studies (Rhetoric and Composition), Illinois State University; MA in English (Rhetoric and Composition), Eastern Illinois University; BS in Finance, University of Illinois
Digital Writing and Rhetoric; Composition Theory and Critical Pedagogy; Race and Whiteness Rhetorics; Digital and Qualitative Research Methods
- "Epideictic Rhetoric in Jezebel’s Breastfeeding Blogs: The Battle for Normalcy." Fabricating the Body: Effects of Obligation and Exchange in Contemporary Discourses. Ed. Sarah Burcon. Newcastle, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2014. 129-142.
- "Technology and Models of Literacy in Young Adult Dystopian Fiction." Brave New Teenagers: Contemporary YA Dystopias. Ed. Carrie Hintz, Balaka Basu, and Kate Broad. New York: Routledge, 2013. 145-156.
- "The Discourse of Medium: Time as a Narrative Device." Time in Television Narrative: Exploring Temporality in 21st Century Programming. Ed. Melissa Ames. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2012. 190-201.
- "The ‘Hispanic’ Race Debate: Limitations of the Term in an Orlando School Board Controversy." Xchanges 9.1 (2013): <http://infohost.nmt.edu/~xchanges/>.
- "Helping Students Negotiate Dialects in the Writing Center." The Writing Lab Newsletter 34.9-10 (2010): 14-15.