Assistant Professor of English and African Studies
Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh
Postcolonial Theory and Literatures, Nationalism, Secularism, Globalization, African Literatures, Literary Theory and Cultural Studies, South Asian Literatures and Cultures.
Postcolonial Literature in English, Critical Approaches to Literature, Introduction to Criticism and Research, Introduction to Modern African Literature, Modern African Fiction.
Postcolonial Theory and Literatures, Nationalism and Philology, Secularism, Globalization, African Literatures, Literary Theory and Cultural Studies, South Asian Literatures and Cultures, Language and Imperialism.
- Basu, Manisha. """Rang de Basanti": The Solvent Brown and other Imperial Colors"." Bollywood, Nation, Diaspora: Indian Cinema in the Era of Globalization. London: Anthem, 2008.
- Basu, Manisha. ""Aiming the Canon: National Emergency and the Errant Courses of the Literary"." Theory and Event 8.1 (2005):
- Basu, Manisha. ""The Hamartia of Light and Shade: Susan Sontag in the Digital Age"." PostModern Culture 16.3 (2006):
- "Postcoloniality and the Language of Metro-polar Globalization." Journal of Postcolonial Cultures and Societies 2 (2010):
- "The Play of Living Creation: Time and Finitude in Tagore’s Humanism." Comparative Literature Durham.Duke University Press (2013):
- "The Stuff that Realisms are Made on: R.K. Narayan’s Painter of Signs." South Asian Review 32.1 (2012):
- Rev. of Becoming Imperial Citizens: Indians in the Late Victorian Empire Modern Fiction Studies Vol. 57.4 (2011):
Works in Progress
- The Rhetoric of Hindu India: Religion and Literature in the Age of Globalization.