Noel Zavala specializes in Chicano literature, masculinity studies, and adolescence. His dissertation insists on the centrality of the figure of the adolescent in the formation of Chicano literary history. He has a graduate minor in Latina/o studies.
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- American literature (specializing in Chicano lit), critical race and queer theory, masculinity
- B.A. [English] San Diego State University (2009)
- M.A [English/American literature] San Diego State University (2012)
- Ph.D [English/American literature] University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (in progress)
Distinctions / Awards
- Letters, Arts,and Sciences Fellowship (2012)
- Graduate College Fellowship (2016-2017)
- Rhetoric 105-Introduction to Composition
- English 200-Introduction to the study of literature
LLS Titles & Affiliations
- Managing Editor- American Literary History
- Zavala, Noel. Rev. of Embodying Latino Masculinities: Producing MasclatinidadLatino Studies 12 (2014): 157-59.