Peter K Garrett
Emeritus Professor of English
- Address: 260 English
- Telephone: 217-244-5455
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
19th-century British fiction, narrative theory
The history and theory of narrative forms and modes.
- Scene and Symbol from George Eliot to James Joyce. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1969.
- The Victorian Multiplot Novel. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1980.
- Gothic Reflections. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2003.
Works in Progress
- "Little Wars": studies of the role of models, especially model warfare, in 18th to 20th-century fiction
- A chapter on 19th-century "Sensations" for the Cambridge History of the English Novel.