Associate Dean of LAS and Professor of English
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, 1997, M.F.A., University of Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1994, B.A., University of Iowa
Archival Studies and Historiography; Writing Program Administration; Composition Theory; Pedagogical Theory; Digital Rhetorics and Online Discourse
Professor Ritter is Associate Dean of Curricula and Academic Policy in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Writing Studies; Archival Research and Historiography; Writing Program Administration; Composition Theory; Basic Writing
- Literacy Theory
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, 1997
- M.F.A., University of Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1994
- B.A., University of Iowa, 1991
- English 593: Rhetoric Proseminar
- English 582: Historiographies of Writing
- English 583: Writing Program Administration
- Ritter, Kelly. Reframing the Subject: Postwar Instructional Films and Class-Conscious Literacies. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2015.
- Ritter, Kelly. To Know Her Own History: Writing at the Woman's College, 1943-1963. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2012.
- Ritter, Kelly. Who Owns School? Authority, Students, and Online Discourse. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2010.
- Ritter, Kelly. Before Shaughnessy: Basic Writing at Yale and Harvard, 1920-1960. Carbondale, IL: SIU Press/Studies in Writing and Rhetoric, 2009.
- Ritter, Kelly , and Melissa Ianetta. Landmark Essays in Writing Program Administration. New York: Routledge, 2019.
- Ritter, Kelly, and Paul K. Matsuda. Exploring Composition Studies: Sites, Issues, Perspectives. Logan, UT: Utah State University Press, 2012.
- Ritter, Kelly, and Stephanie Vanderslice. Can It Really Be Taught? Resisting Lore in Creative Writing Pedagogy. Portsmouth, NH: Boynton/Cook, 2007.