Robert Dale Parker
James M. Benson Professor of English, American Indian Studies, Criticism and Interpretive Theory, and Writing Studies
- Address: English Building 329
- Telephone: 217-333-1606
- Email: email@example.com
Ph.D. in English, Yale University. A.B. in English and History, Brown University.
American literature, especially fiction and poetry, especially after 1900. Critical theory. American Indian literature. Interested in bringing historicist, socio-cultural criticism together with formalist criticism.
- Critical Theory: A Reader for Literary and Cultural Studies. . New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- How to Interpret Literature: Critical Theory for Literary and Cultural Studies, 2nd edition. . Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Changing Is Not Vanishing: A Collection of American Indian Poetry to 1930. . University of Pennsylvania Press, 2011.
- How to Interpret Literature: Critical Theory for Literary and Cultural Studies. Oxford University Press, 2008.
- The Sound the Stars Make Rushing Through the Sky: The Writings of Jane Johnston Schoolcraft. . University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007.
- The Invention of Native American Literature. . Cornell University Press, 2003.
- "Absalom, Absalom!": The Questioning of Fictions. Twayne, 1991.
- The Unbeliever: The Poetry of Elizabeth Bishop. . University of Illinois Press, 1988.
- Faulkner and the Novelistic Imagination. University of Illinois Press, 1985.
Works in Progress
- Articles on early American Indian poetry.
- A book on the crisis in American literary aesthetics in response to the Great Depression.