Robert Dale Parker
James M. Benson Professor of English, American Indian Studies, Criticism and Interpretive Theory, and Writing Studies
- Address: English Building 329
- Telephone: 217-333-1606
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- W & F, 2-4
Ph.D. in English, Yale University. A.B. in English and History, Brown University.
American literature, especially fiction and poetry, especially after 1900. Critical theory. American Indian literature. Interested in bringing historicist, socio-cultural criticism together with formalist criticism.
- Critical Theory: A Reader for Literary and Cultural Studies. . New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- How to Interpret Literature: Critical Theory for Literary and Cultural Studies, 2nd edition. . Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Changing Is Not Vanishing: A Collection of American Indian Poetry to 1930. . University of Pennsylvania Press, 2011.
- How to Interpret Literature: Critical Theory for Literary and Cultural Studies. Oxford University Press, 2008.
- The Sound the Stars Make Rushing Through the Sky: The Writings of Jane Johnston Schoolcraft. . University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007.
- The Invention of Native American Literature. . Cornell University Press, 2003.
- The Unbeliever: The Poetry of Elizabeth Bishop. . University of Illinois Press, 1988.
- "Absalom, Absalom!": The Questioning of Fictions. Twayne, 1991.
- Faulkner and the Novelistic Imagination. University of Illinois Press, 1985.
Works in Progress
- Articles on early American Indian poetry.
- A book on the crisis in American literary aesthetics in response to the Great Depression.