Lindsay Rose Russell
Assistant Professor of English
- Address: 323 English Building
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mondays, 11am to 1pm; by appointment
PhD, University of Washington (2012), MA, University of Washington (2008), BA, Georgetown University (2003)
History of the English Language (English 403), Descriptive English Grammar (English 402), Introduction to Composition Theory and Practice (English 481), Genre Emergence and Change (English 582), Rhetoric, Gender, and Disciplinarity (English 584), Rhetoric and the Body (English 584)
histories of the English Language, English language lexicography and description, rhetorical theory and practice, rhetorical genre studies, feminist historiography
- "Before Ladies and Gentlewomen Were Unskillful: Honorific Invocations of Learned Women in Early Modern Bilingual Dictionaries." Dictionaries: Journal of the Dictionary Society of North America 35 (2014): 93–120.
- "This Is What A Dictionary Looks Like: The Lexicographical Contributions of Feminist Dictionaries." International Journal of Lexicography 25.1 (2012): 1-29.