Siobhan B Somerville
Associate Professor of English, Gender and Women's Studies, African American Studies, and EUI
- Address: 266 English
- Telephone: 217-244-2470
- Email: email@example.com
- Queering the Color Line: Race and the Invention of Homosexuality in American Culture . Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2000.
- "Queer." Keywords for American Cultural Studies. Ed. Glenn Hendler and Bruce Burgett. New York: NYU Press, 2007. 187-191.
- "Locating Queer Culture in the Big Ten." Learning and Teaching: The International Journal of Higher Education in the Social Sciences, special issue on “The Ethnography of the University: A Decade of Student Research on the University” 6.3 (2013): 9-23.
- "Feminism, Queer Theory, and the Racial Closet ." Criticism 52.2 (2010): 191-200.
- "Notes Toward a Queer History of Naturalization." American Quarterly 57.3 (2005): 659-675.
- "Queer Loving." GLQ 11.3 (2005): 355-370.
- "Passing Through the Closet in Pauline Hopkins's Contending Forces." American Literature 69.1 (1997): 139-166.
- "Scientific Racism and the Emergence of the Homosexual Body." Journal of the History of Sexuality 5.2 (1994): 243-266.
Special Issues of a Journal
- Queering the MIddle: Sexual Diasporas, Race, and a Queer Midwest. Spec. iss. of GLQ 20.1-2 (2014):
- Queer Fictions of Race. Spec. iss. of MFS: Modern Fiction Studies 48.4 (2002):