Elizabeth Elaine Tavares
- Address: 240 English Building
- Telephone: (217) 300 - 4253
- Email: email@example.com
- Office hours by appointment only, as I will be on research leave for the 2015-16 academic year.
BA, English, DePaul University, 2009; BA, History, DePaul University, 2009; MA, English, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010; Certification,The Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory, 2016; PhD, English, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, June 2016.
ENGL 218: Shakespeare and Performance, ENGL 209: British Literature to 1798 (TA), ENGL 109: Magical Realism(s) - An Introduction to Fiction, MACS 104: An Introduction to Film, RHET 105: Writing and Research
Shakespeare and his contemporaries, Playing companies, itinerancy, and early modern theatre economics, Original Practices theory and methodology, Shakespeare and/in film, Ecocriticism, English Renaissance and Restoration literature and culture, and Digital Humanities pedagogy.
- Tavares, Elizabeth E., and Esther Dettmar. A Guide to Conferencing at Illinois. Ed. Kelly Ritter. Urbana: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2015. 15 Jul. 2015.
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "Claire Kens Well: Appropriation and Itinerant Performance in Outlander Onscreen." Outlander's Sassenachs: Essays on Gender, Race, Orientation and the Other in the Novels and Television Series. Ed. Valerie E. Frankel. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company, 2016. forthcoming.
- "A Race to the Roof: Cosmetics and Contemporary Histories in the Elizabethan Playhouse, 1592–1596." Shakespeare Bulletin 34.2 (2016): 193–217.
- "A Tale of Two Shrews: Recovering the Repertory of the Lord Pembroke’s Players." The Journal of the Wooden O Symposium 14 (2016): forthcoming.
- "The Chariot in II Tamburlaine, The Wounds of Civil War or Marius and Scilla, and The Reign of King Edward III." Notes and Queries 63.3 (2016): forthcoming.
- "Super Troupers; or, Supplemented Playing before 1594." Shakespeare Studies 44 (2016): forthcoming.
Special Issues of a Journal
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "Fidelity and the Politics of Appropriation in Sidney Lumet’s The Deadly Affair." A Mirror for Medieval and Early Modern Studies. Spec. iss. of elected Proceedings of the Newberry Center for Renaissance Studies 2012 Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Conference (2012): 119-132. 1 Oct. 2012. <http://www.newberry.org/sites/default/files/textpage-attachments/2012Proceedings.pdf>.
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "‘Birding in Men’s Purses’: Consumption Networks in Ben Jonson’s The Alchemist and Bartholomew Fair." New Directions in Ecocriticism. Spec. iss. of Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS) (2011): 1 Jun. 2011. <https://www.ideals.illinois.edu/handle/2142/25241>.
- Early Modern Reading Group. 27 Aug. 2014. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. <http://publish.illinois.edu/erlymodrn>.
- Early Modern Workshop. 27 Aug. 2011. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. <http://earlymodernworkshop.tumblr.com>.
- Bite Thumbnails: A Playgoer's Notebook. 1 Nov. 2009. <http://www.bitethumbnails.com>.
- "New Research on the Black Death at the Intersections of Science and History." Kritik: blog of the Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory. 4 Feb. 2015. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 4 Feb. 2015.
- "Malvolio's Revenge; Or, Disabusing the Audience." City Desk 400: Scholars from 10 Universities Share Their Perspectives. 10 Jun. 2016. Chicago Shakespeare Theatre.
- Rev. of Julius Caesar, Shakespeare Bulletin 32.4 (2014): 756–60.
- Rev. of Mankind, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.3 (2013): 558–62.
- Rev. of The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.2 (2013): 286–9.
- Rev. of Twelfth Night, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.2 (2013): 289–92.
- Rev. of The Comedy of Errors, Shakespeare Bulletin 29.1 (2011): 60–4.
- Rev. of Shakespeare’s Stage Traffic: Imitation, Borrowing and Competition in Renaissance Theatre, Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism 30.2 (2016): 143–5.