Elizabeth Elaine Tavares
- Address: 240 English Building
- Telephone: (217) 300 - 4253
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesdays 12-1pm, and by appointment.
BA, English, DePaul University, 2009; BA, History, DePaul University, 2009; MA, English, University of Illinois, 2010; PhD, English, University of Illinois, 2016 (projected).
Acts of Imagination: Curating the Early Elizabethan Repertories, 1582-1594
Renaissance drama, Repertory Studies, Theatre History, Performance Studies, Ecocriticim, Adaptation Theory, Digital Humanities, early modern literature and culture.
Special Issues of a Journal
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "Fidelity and the Politics of Appropriation in Sidney Lumet’s The Deadly Affair." A Mirror for Medieval and Early Modern Studies. Spec. iss. of elected Proceedings of the Newberry Center for Renaissance Studies 2012 Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Conference (2012): 119-132. 1 Oct. 2012. <http://www.newberry.org/sites/default/files/textpage-attachments/2012Proceedings.pdf>.
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "‘Birding in Men’s Purses’: Consumption Networks in Ben Jonson’s The Alchemist and Bartholomew Fair." New Directions in Ecocriticism. Spec. iss. of Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS) (2011): 1 Jun. 2011. <https://www.ideals.illinois.edu/handle/2142/25241>.
- Bite Thumbnails: A Playgoer's Notebook. 1 Nov. 2009. <http://www.bitethumbnails.com>.
- Early Modern Reading Group. 27 Aug. 2014. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. <http://publish.illinois.edu/erlymodrn>.
- Early Modern Workshop. 27 Aug. 2011. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. <http://earlymodernworkshop.tumblr.com>.
- Rev. of Julius Caesar, Shakespeare Bulletin (2015): forthcoming.
- Rev. of Mankind, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.3 (2013): 558-62.
- Rev. of Twelfth Night, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.2 (2013): 119–132.
- Rev. of The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.2 (2013): 286–89.
- Rev. of The Comedy of Errors, Shakespeare Bulletin 29.1 (2011): 60-4.