Elizabeth Elaine Tavares
- Address: 240 English Building
- Telephone: (217) 333 - 2391
- Email: email@example.com
- Tuesdays 2:30 - 3:30PM, and by appointment
BA, English, DePaul University, 2009; BA, History, DePaul University, 2009; MA, English, University of Illinois, 2010; PhD, English, University of Illinois, 2015 (projected).
Sovereignty and the Common in Elizabethan Repertory, 1582–1594
repertory studies, early modern English drama, audience culture, theatre history, performance theory, ecocriticim, adaptation theory, Renaissance literature
Special Issues of a Journal
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "Fidelity and the Politics of Appropriation in Sidney Lumet’s The Deadly Affair." A Mirror for Medieval and Early Modern Studies. Spec. iss. of elected Proceedings of the Newberry Center for Renaissance Studies 2012 Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Conference (2012): 119-132. 1 Oct. 2012. <http://www.newberry.org/sites/default/files/textpage-attachments/2012Proceedings.pdf>.
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "‘Birding in Men’s Purses’: Consumption Networks in Ben Jonson’s The Alchemist and Bartholomew Fair." New Directions in Ecocriticism. Spec. iss. of Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS) (2011): 1 Jun. 2011. <https://www.ideals.illinois.edu/handle/2142/25241>.
- Rev. of Mankind, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.3 (2013): forthcoming.
- Rev. of Twelfth Night, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.2 (2013): 119–132.
- Rev. of The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.2 (2013): 286–89.
- Rev. of The Comedy of Errors, Shakespeare Bulletin 29.1 (2011): 60-4.