Elizabeth Elaine Tavares
- Address: 240 English Building
- Telephone: (217) 333 - 2391
- Email: email@example.com
- By appointment only for summer and fall 2014.
BA, English, DePaul University, 2009; BA, History, DePaul University, 2009; MA, English, University of Illinois, 2010; PhD, English, University of Illinois, 2016 (projected).
Theatrical Marketplace: Negotiating Pluralism in the Elizabethan Repertories, 1582–1594
repertory studies, early modern English drama, audience culture, theatre history, performance theory, ecocriticim, adaptation theory, Renaissance literature
Special Issues of a Journal
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "Fidelity and the Politics of Appropriation in Sidney Lumet’s The Deadly Affair." A Mirror for Medieval and Early Modern Studies. Spec. iss. of elected Proceedings of the Newberry Center for Renaissance Studies 2012 Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Conference (2012): 119-132. 1 Oct. 2012. <http://www.newberry.org/sites/default/files/textpage-attachments/2012Proceedings.pdf>.
- Tavares, Elizabeth E. "‘Birding in Men’s Purses’: Consumption Networks in Ben Jonson’s The Alchemist and Bartholomew Fair." New Directions in Ecocriticism. Spec. iss. of Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS) (2011): 1 Jun. 2011. <https://www.ideals.illinois.edu/handle/2142/25241>.
- Bite Thumbnails: A Playgoer's Notebook. 1 Nov. 2009. <http://www.bitethumbnails.com>.
- Rev. of Julius Caesar, Shakespeare Bulletin (2014): forthcoming.
- Rev. of Mankind, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.3 (2013): 558-62.
- Rev. of Twelfth Night, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.2 (2013): 119–132.
- Rev. of The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, Shakespeare Bulletin 31.2 (2013): 286–89.
- Rev. of The Comedy of Errors, Shakespeare Bulletin 29.1 (2011): 60-4.