Wendy Jane Truran
208 English Buildling
Urbana, IL 61801
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Modernism, Affect Theory, Feminist Theory, Contemporary Fiction
- MA in Contemporary Literary Studies, Lancaster University, UK (1999)
- BA Honours in English Literature (First Class),Lancaster University, UK (1998)
Distinctions / Awards
- Campus Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching (2016)
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching (2016)
- Department of English Undergraduate Teaching Award (2015-2016)
- Beginnings of Modern Poetry (ENGL 241)
- Introduction to Literary Study (ENGL 200)
- Principles of Composition (RHET 105)
- British Literature to 1800 (ENGL 209 - TA)
- British Literature Survey from 1800 to Present (ENGL 210 TA)
- Truran, Wendy J. "Freedom, Feminism, and the Hierarchy of Happiness in the Psychological Novels of May Sinclair." May Sinclair: Re-Thinking Bodies and Minds. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2016.
- "Reinvigorating WWI with Pat Barker’s Regeneration." Studies in the Novel. 1 Nov. 2015.
- "The habit and habitus of subjectivity." Kritik. 28 Mar. 2016. Unit for Criticism & Interpretive Theory.
- "WTF: Worldings, Tensions, Futures - Wrecking The Format of Affect Theory ." Kritik. 3 Dec. 2015. Kritik.
- "WTF: Worldings, Tensions, Futures - Wrecking The Format of Affect Theory (part 2)." Kritik. 3 Dec. 2015.