Department of English, College of LAS, University of Illinois

Undergraduate Advising

English Minor

Any undergraduate student on campus can declare a minor in English. Some courses (such as ENGL 301) may be restricted to majors but minors can request permission to enroll by calling the advising office at 217-333-4346. Engl 301 is generally only available to minors who have completed all the required 200-level course work.

English Minor Requirement Checklist

To declare an English minor, you will need to complete the Statement of Intent to Pursue a Campus-Approved Minor. You will need a signature from an English department advisor on this form, and we recommend that you schedule an appointment so we can go over the requirements and make sure you have time to complete them. Please see our advising home page for information about how to schedule an appointment.