News & Notes
2018 Creative Writing Contest RESULTS
Congratulations to these wonderful writers! Click here for more information about the awards and praise for the winning entries.
- Michelle Chang, "Audrey and Austin"
- Allison Neggers, "The Bachelor-Bachelorette Mail-In Application Girl Questionnaire"
- John Baker, "Martyr"
- Eric Pahre, "How a Dog is Lost"
- Miranda Sun, "Centuries later and she has so many faces"
- Autumn Schraufnagel, "Girlhood is Formed on the Playground with an Invitation to Play Double Dutch"
Honorable Mentions: John Baker ("On Fathers") and Autumn Schraufnagel ("Softer")
2018-2019 UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING AWARDS
Please join us in congratulating our most recent teaching award winners!
English Department Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- John Claborn
- Hilary Gross
- Alexis Kapczynski
- Heather McLeer
- Kate Norcross
- Katie O'Toole
CHECK OUT ESC's Free Little Library!
Stop by the library outside Room 200 in the English Building and leave or take a book. If you take a book, please make a note of what you took and why, and snap a picture of yourself with it and post it on ESC's Instagam @escillinois!
Download this handout on English Department Resources.
Like us on Facebook at UIUCEnglishAdvising to get regular announcements, updates, and links to resources and articles of interest.
Check out Making the Most of Your Major, a microsite featuring information about internship and other career-development opportunities.