Internships give English department majors the opportunity to explore potential careers, practice their skills (writing, research, editing, communications, analysis) in the workplace, and start building professional networks. Internships complement academic work and help students find pathways from their college experiences to rewarding postgraduate employment. Interns earn academic credit for their work and, in some cases, an hourly wage as well. To get academic credit, students must earn a satisfactory formal evaluation from their employer and complete an internship course in the English department. For more information, contact Kirstin Wilcox, Director of Internships.
If you are an undergraduate major in the English department, come back to this page regularly to learn about new opportunities as they arise.
Current Internship Opportunities through the English Department
- Department of History Source Lab Internship
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant Communications Internship
- Dalkey Archive Press Editorial Internships
- Volition Writing Internship
- Communications Intern, Office of Technology Management
- Common Ground Publishing Internships
- Smile Politely Spring 2015