PhD, University of Washington (2012), MA, University of Washington (2008), BA, Georgetown University (2003)
History of the English Language (English 403, 584), Descriptive English Grammar (English 402), Introduction to Composition Theory and Practice (English 481), Profanity, Obscenity, Vulgarity (English 396), Genre Emergence and Change (English 582), Genre Histories and Theories (English 584), Rhetoric, Gender, and Disciplinarity (English 584), Rhetoric and the Body (English 584)
on leave 2018-2019
English language lexicography and description, rhetorical theory and practice, rhetorical genre studies, feminist historiography
Gender/Sexuality Studies, Philology/Linguistics/Grammar, Writing Studies, Teacher Training
- Women and Dictionary Making: Gender, Genre, and English Language Lexicography. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2018.
- ""Defining Moments: Genre Beginnings, Genre Invention, and the Case of the English Language Dictionary"." Genre and the Performance of Publics, edited by Mary Jo Reiff and Anis Bawarshi. Logan: Utah State University Press, 2016. 83–99.
- "Toward a Feminist Historiography of Lexicography." Dictionaries: Journal of the Dictionary Society of North America 39.1 (2018): 167-183.
- "Before Ladies and Gentlewomen Were Unskillful: Honorific Invocations of Learned Women in Early Modern Bilingual Dictionaries." Dictionaries: Journal of the Dictionary Society of North America 35 (2014): 93–120.
- "This Is What A Dictionary Looks Like: The Lexicographical Contributions of Feminist Dictionaries." International Journal of Lexicography 25.1 (2012): 1-29.