We are excited you are thinking about studying in Urbana-Champaign to successfully build upon your understanding of the creation, reception, meaning(s), and/or teaching of wonderful literary texts.
One of the coolest things about studying English in Urbana-Champaign:
83% were employed.
We like to think these things (below) contribute to this relatively-high percentage:
- you — our students relish the subject matter of the courses they take, digging deep into stories (as well as poems) and the people who produced/consumed them
- faculty who craft their love of stories, poems, and scholarship into enthusiastic classroom experiences
- our student groups and the activities they construct/sponsor
- a relatively-small average class size — 21 students to 1 faculty member — that affords greater attention to individuals
- the guidance — academic and career — offered by our dedicated advising staff
- our alumni — who (collectively) create opportunities, share of their time and themselves, and support our majors financially through awards and scholarships